Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I deal with an ex-girlfriend at a wedding?

I'm going to a wedding on Friday for a close friend from high school. In college, she had introduced me to a girl I dated for a few months. It was an ';intimate'; relationship. Needless to say, I was not such a nice guy and dumped her mostly because I thought I could find someone better. But, I dumped her over the phone rather than in person and haven't spoken to her since. That was about 4 years ago. I doubt it's that big of a deal, but I'm probably going to the wedding dateless. How do I deal with this situation without looking like a chump?How do I deal with an ex-girlfriend at a wedding?
accept it like the chump you are. It may not do anything for your self esteem but I bet an apology would make her day!How do I deal with an ex-girlfriend at a wedding?
Okay well what you need to do is find a date, first of all, so that you don't look desperate and sad around her 'cause that's not good. I'd go to the wedding and talk to her casually, and just apologize for being such a jerk to her and see what she says.
Too late.You all ready look like a chump.
I would probably not go near her. And if you have too be around her maybe you can explain why you dumped her.
When the priest says ';If anybody here knows of any reason why these two should not be married...';, stand up and shout ';Yeah, she's a lousy lay and you could do much better.';





That way, you'll be fulfilling the behavior she expects from you.
Ignore her
First of all, a wedding is not a 'date' scene. It is an event for celebration of the couple, not how 'with it' you are.


Second, if it has been 4 years, chances are both of you have moved on in relationships. Treat her as you would any other 'old' acquaintence.....say 'hello, how are you?' and move on.
Be civil, courteous, and polite - that is the best you can do It's your friend's day after all - not yours or this girl's.





If she brings it up, apologize and say you were younger and full of yourself. Ask if she accepts your apology.





If she doesn't bring it up, neither should you.





Have fun and keep it light-hearted!





Good Luck!
LOSER, karma is fun!!! I imagine she is well over it by now. Don't flatter yourself.
suck it up it's called karma and it's about to bite you in the *** be polite and hope she doesn't hate you
well obviously you found no one better and you will look like a chump but what you can do is just say hello to her and if she brings up the way you dumped her then just be a man and suck it up and apologize tell her you were a immature jerk and that you have grown up and leave it at that. don't spend all night staring at her and have fun
shut up
if you see her there be cordial. it is still never to late to make ammends and say you were sorry for how you treated her four years ago. it probably is not a big deal and she has moved on however it would make you feel better about the situation. you owe her that much. or is the fact the you are going to the wedding


with out a date? either way you will know what the right thing to do is. Good Luck
Well just talk to her like an old friend. Try not to think of her as an ex and just hang with her. You know? Or make little conversation but dont try to avoid her cuz thats kinda wierd.

No comments:

Post a Comment