Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you deal with an ex-boyfriend who is still in love with you?

I was with my boyfriend for almost 3 years. He moved 2500 miles from me to go to graduate school and I was very supportive of him doing so for the success of his carreer. A few months before he left, we started fighting more than ever before. He began to get more moody than usual and started to take advantage of having me in his life. I basically felt like I was trying my best to do everything the way he wanted to. I even applyed to graduate schools in the area in which he's now living. After a year of long distance dating, I started to realize the small amounts of time we DID see each other, he'd be stressed and take out his feelings on me as if I were the one to blame. I broke up with him about 3 weeks ago. He still keeps trying to call, send me text messages, etc. I've been very blunt to him about how I feel, will he ever realize that our relationship is over? I worry though, that he's taking this really hard. Should I keep going without talking to him?How do you deal with an ex-boyfriend who is still in love with you?
If you don't want to continue the relationship then you got to be strong and move on without him. The only way he's gonna get it through his head that it's over is by completly ignoring his calls even if it's hard to not pick up, it takes time but everytime you answer his phone calls ur giving him hope that ya'll are gonna be together. think of it this way, obviously he doesn't love you b/c he's not respecting ur feelings and the decision you made, so why should you care bout his feelings so much???How do you deal with an ex-boyfriend who is still in love with you?
I think you should keep your distance for a while, you say that you have been blunt about this and that he doesn't want to leave you alone, so I think it will be best if you keep your distance. You could try being really rude to him (but I would not go that route), you could also tell him that if he wants you as friend he should accept that is over and move on because that is what you are doing. Good luck
stick with your decision


it's over and he needs to understand that
now you are not with him he is missing you but this does not mean that he loves you.... dont think about him and move on with your life you will be more happy.... ignore his messages
tell him flat out if you don't like him and tell him you want him to leave you alone! if he doesn't then you block his number. the way he treated you is really uncalled for and you deserve more.don't let him make you feel bad at all if you don't love him he will get over it!!!!!! there is no need for you to feel bad and make sure you are firm when you say STOP!!!!if you don't want to talk to him then don't.
this happened to me. i acctually ended up datin his like almost bff, so that screwed things up a little bit, but u just have to not let the things he says or do get to u and just try to stay away from him. i would just be =friendly every now nad then but in the end u have to do what makes u happy, and if that means not talkin to him then so be it.
You really do need to cut off all contact. And I know this cause I have been on the other end of this (your ex bf's position), and every time he spoke to me or hung out with me or acted somewhat affectionate toward me it only gave me false hope.





Eventually I think he realized he was hurting me and that I was not capable of simply being friends with him and he completely cut off all contact. At first I was DEVASTATED but in the end it turned out the be the best thing for me. I wasn't capable of cutting him out of my life myself.
If you talk to him you will give him false hopes. My ex stalked me for months, I changed my numbers, ignored letters and cards and avoided going any place where I might see him. He eventually got over it. If you are SURE its over, its better to be cruel in the short term or he will never move on.
First of all are you sure the relationship is over, seems you guys are just stressed at living so far away from one another.





I would write him a letter if you are 100% sure you no longer want the relationship to continue, be honest about your reasons and tell him you no longer want him to call as is upsetting you.





If he doesnt get the message after that simply change your phone number...


if he persists he has a serious problem and get a restraining order,,,





best wishes





kim

No comments:

Post a Comment