Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I deal with my ex when I want to be with her but depression may have caused our break up?

I will shortly be meeting my ex for a drink. She ended things 1 mth ago after going out 9 mths on the basis her feelings had changed. This coincided with her suffering from depression. She also suffers from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.





She raised the issue of us splitting and I said to her I thought she was depressed (she has a history). She admitted she was %26amp; went to the dr who prescribed prozac and counselling. 1 wk later she said she wasn't depressed, didn't need counselling and it was our relationship causing her unhapiness. We broke up.





I didn't contact her to give her space. She contacted me recently on the basis she owed me money. I said to not worry about that. She then said she had a dvd of mine which she could bring round if I wanted. I wasn't sure what to make of her contact





I decided to ring her to chat. We have now agreed to meet. I am not sure what her intentions are?





I do miss her %26amp; want to be with her but am not sure how to go about it witout scaring her off?How do I deal with my ex when I want to be with her but depression may have caused our break up?
I dont think you will scare her off,it sounds to me like she wants to get back with you,so be a little cool.How do I deal with my ex when I want to be with her but depression may have caused our break up?
Sounds like she is desperate to get back together with you. Be cool but don't be too lovey dovy - she has hurt you by not letting you in. Be there fore her and take it from there.





Good luck and thank goodness for men like you!!!
It sounds like she wants to see you - she seemed to be making excuses to meet up. Take things slowly. Depression is a terrible thing - I myself have suffered with post natal depression, and my husband has also suffered from depression (lack of seretonin) and has been on pills for 4 years now. We split up over his depression at first, and he moved out and left me with the kids, but after a few months he sorted himself out enough to realise that he really did want to be with me, and it was just a chemical imbalance causing the problems.





good luck = i really hope things work out for you.
go to meet her and just take it slowley a month isnt very long for her to have resolved issues surrounding her illness living with depression is full of highs and lows you can make it clear that you are going to be there for her is she bi polar(manic depressive) you need to be very strong person to handle this condition as it can chip away at your own sanity she will need her confidence boosted so a small token of you afection would go a long way to help flowers always go down well unless she has an allergy above all let her know that she is valued good luck
Be patient!





Assuming you enjoy her company when you meet up, tell her so!





Let her know that you will be there for her if she needs you, but leave it up to her to ring. That would be my suggestion. Wouldn't hurt to have an idea in your mind about how long you are prepared to wait. Waiting is painful isn't it?!





I think if a doc is going to prescribe and refer to counselling, they must think something is going on... CFS can be extremely wearing on a person, physically and mentally.





Be patient, leave it up to her, let things settle a bit for her. Counselling can make you feel worse before you feel better.
personally i think that she wants to meet you she tried by saying about the money, then when that didn't work she used the old i have something of yours, if she didn't want to meet you she would have just left it up to you to ask for the dvd back





although i'm not a doctor i do have some previous experience with depression, i think she might be still depressed and a little confused about how shes feeling


i think you should tread very carefully with her she might think she wants you back but not sure how to go about it after hurting you telling you that her feelings had changed





be careful for your own feelings you don't want to be hurt again if she changes her mind again or she just wants to be friends either way if you care for this girl i would encourage her to go back to the doctor and get the help that she should have done before and just be there for her.





good luck hope you get what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment