Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you deal with an ex-partner that you have to see at work?

Just curious if other people have any sage advice of how to cope with the everyday struggle of dealing with a jerk of an X in a work/social situation.How do you deal with an ex-partner that you have to see at work?
Wow, this is painful situation...my heart goes out to you! Try to ignore, ignore and ignore. If you have to speak be professional and distant. Let him know that you are not going to play his games. If he tries to push your buttons...just walk away. And the others are right...you don't have to deal with his issues anymore.How do you deal with an ex-partner that you have to see at work?
Ignore him. Concentrate on your work.
I'm sorry you have to deal with that!


I unfortunately have to deal with one of my exes as well. He's a jackass!!


Pretty much I am cordial, polite, professional and impersonal. Just act like he's just another person and don't let anything he says or does bother you at all, or at least don't ever let on that he bothers you. If you do you'll be giving him exactly what he wants!!





good luck with it!
Try treating him like you would a business relationship. Talk to him only when necessary, be polite but don't go out of your way and be the bigger person. Only have conversations about relevant topics. ie: only talk work at work





I deal with this on a regular basis with my husband's X-wife.
Just be glad you're no longer with the jerk.
I don't have much advice, I do know where you are coming from (my ex is friends with my current boyfriend and I still have to see him on the weekends) is SUCKS, just try and ignore him and keep your head up! If he's the type (like my ex) to talk ****, then be the bigger person and move on! Don't sink to his level!
You can't change the past but you can always be professional just as you were before you got together.
Either get a new job elsewhere- do the company have offices elsewhere??? or ignore him best you can, or hope he quits and moves on=D
quit....

No comments:

Post a Comment