Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I deal with an ex who shouldn't be an ex?

Ok, M %26amp; I still talk from time to time. About everyother week or so. We have good conversations and enjoy chatting with each other. We have even had a few ';friendly'; visits with each other but it has always been on his terms. When he wants it or when he wants to talk. I'm basically waiting in the wings for him. I love him and want to be with him. I keep thinking that there is a chance and that well at least it's me he's calling instead of some hoochie.


I'm 22 and he's 27, we dated for about 5 months last winter. If that helps at all.


How am I supposed to deal with this? Should I tell him ';this is how it is or nothing at all'; and be miserable or do I just wait for him to come around?How do I deal with an ex who shouldn't be an ex?
Honey there is no coming around for him...this is perfect for him, when he wants you he will have you. Any man that truly wants you all to himself will do whatever he can to have you. Calling you all the time, taking you out, sending you flowers, etc. I say drop him and find someone worthy of your love. If he TRULY wants you he will try everything in his power to get you back.How do I deal with an ex who shouldn't be an ex?
Good for you girll!! Just stick to it...that's the hardest part. I knew you knew the real answer, just none of us want to actually admit it. You can do it and trust me there is someone out there that really wants you all to himself all the time...trust me!

Report Abuse



I think you should test him to see if he really cares. when he calls either don't answer or tell him you will call him right back then don't call him for a little while. When he asks for you to hang out tell him you can't but when you have a chance you'll call him, there for it's not when he wants, it's when you want, spending time away from him is better cause then he'll start to miss you if he really likes you. good luck=}
I think you should try letting him go... Let him know how you feel and although its friendship or nothing it seems on his part then thats what you need to deal with. I had an ex who I enjoyed being with and continue to chat with occasionally still to this day. Being friends with an ex but hoping for more can be a bad thing because as long as he is around, you will be confused and ';hope'; for more all the time knowing already he wants just a ';friendship';. Why dont you two talk, you initiate the conversation, dont wait for him, and find out why you arent together as a couple and from there see if you can still try it as a couple. If not you'll have to let go and be by yourself ending the friendship until you can sort out your feelings for him. Try thinking why it is your just friends, what caused thebreak up, And the thinking of its you he's calling and not some hoochy well your in for a surprise because he knows he can depend on you and not some hoochie, not to offend you but your giving him what he needs and he basically doesnt have to earn it. Remember you should make yourself happy first not someone else. GOOD LUCK!!! O and by the way, my ex and I are friends because we had the relationship talk and decided on both our parts it was what was best, we enjoy each others company as friends not as lovers/companions.
Don't give him an ultimatum if you really love him and want him back. A lot of people will tell you he's a jerk and to move on. The truth is YOU are letting him treat you like crap. Call his bluff. Act like you don't give a crap. Next time he wants to get together, tell him... ';Sorry, I'm busy tonight, maybe we can get together tomorrow.'; Pretty soon you'll seem less pathetic, and it will raise his interest in you.








I know what I'm talking about too. In 2003 me and my hubby almost divorced and I cried and begged, and I stuck around to fulfill his sexual needs. Finally I did what I said, and we were back together in 3 weeks. Good luck.
If you keep waiting Karin, you will be waiting for men for the rest of your life. Take some initiative, grow some balls. Stop being a door mat. No one loves a door mat. How do you ever expect anyone to ever respect you when you dont respect yourself?
NEVER GIVE AN ULTIMATIUM.....GIVE HIM A OPTION, ASK HIM HOW DOES HE FEEL ABOUT GETTING BACK TOGETHER, OR YOU CAN CONTINUE TO WAIT IN THE WINGS AND HOPES HE SEES YOU......DO YOU HAVE THAT MUCH TIME?

No comments:

Post a Comment