Friday, August 20, 2010

How to deal with an overbearing ex-in-law?

OK, so she really wasn't an in-law, but a future in-law, and I am no longer engaged to her step son.





We (my new fiance, my 2 year old daughter, and I) have been dealing with her more so then dealing with my ex, who is a pretty laid back guy (when she isn't pulling the strings).





She is extremely annoying and overbearing with her comments and letters to me about their visits with my daughter and the rules we have set forth in our house and is apparently really concerned with my etiquette (go figure).





The thing is that she isn't even biologically related anyone in this situation, but insists on sticking her nose where it doesn't belong.





How can I politely tell her to butt out? Is it even my place?How to deal with an overbearing ex-in-law?
Sure. Tell her politely that you would appreciate her minding her own business. And if she doesn't take the hint, don't associate with her. You owe her nothing in the way of information or loyalty.How to deal with an overbearing ex-in-law?
Since she is not biologically related, politely remind her that she has no legal right to be involved. Tell her to back off or she'll be banned.
Dont read her letters and dont talk to her.


If shes not related to your daughter then why is she visiting with her?
Let her know she's upsetting your entire household by her actions and if she doesn't back off she'll be completely cut off from all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment